Do you use WhatsApp? Then now is the time for you to know more about WhatsApp. You are using WhatsApp using your mobile phone but let’s use WhatsApp on your laptop. Most of the people who use WhatsApp everyday on mobile phones don’t know about how it can be used on the laptop.
Let us find out simple and useful procedures to make use of WhatsApp on the laptop also.
How To Download, Install And Use It On A Laptop?
Presently, WhatsApp is considered to be a highly used application around the world. It can be used across the nations, among various communities on an everyday basis. WhatsApp is highly popular among people of all age-groups, children, students, professionals, women and old people too. Even the private offices and government agencies use it.
The application is popular because it is user friendly, easy to operate for the people of all age groups. It allows you to make easy communication using text, images, voice and video recording. You can make Video calls, chat, and send instant messages, images along with recorded clips using internet connection. And to use WhatsApp you need an account based on your phone number.
WhatsApp Web is an extension of WhatsApp, used mainly on computers and laptops. It is a browser-based application that allows you to connect the laptop with your WhatsApp account. WhatsApp Web allows your WhatsApp account to synchronize with the laptop. Your WhatsApp account created on the phone gets connected to your laptop. So it helps you to operate WhatsApp on both phone and laptop.
Most people use WhatsApp not only for personal purposes but also for business requirements. And if you are able to operate WhatsApp on mobile as well on laptop then it will be an advantage. You can work on WhatsApp with more flexibility and with additional advantage. All you need is a WiFi connection to your laptop.
The WhatsApp Desktop is a useful app that allows you to use WhatsApp from the desktop of your laptop. You can download the app WhatsApp desktop, install it on your laptop and start using it from the laptop.
You can use WhatsApp not only from your mobile but you can use it from laptop using either the browser application WhatsApp Web or the desktop app called WhatsApp Desktop.
WhatsApp Web To Be Synced With Phone To Start Using On Laptop
- Open the browser on the laptop
- Go to the WhatsApp Web site (https://web.whatsapp.com).
- Your mobile and your laptop should have a powerful and stable internet connection. It will help you to make the required changes in the laptop.
- The WhatsApp Web allows you to connect your laptop to the mobile using your WhatsApp account.
- To make the connection and to sync both mobile and laptop, you have to match the QR code.
- On the laptop screen, a QR Code image will appear and you have to match it with code from mobile.
- Scan the QR code by holding the mobile QR code close to the QR code displayed on the laptop.
- Once both the images are scanned successfully, you will get a message to start using WhatsApp on your laptop.
- Logging in on WhatsApp Web application using a browser.
WhatsApp Desktop To Be Installed And Used From Laptop
WhatsApp Desktop is a useful app to be used on a laptop. It is a standalone app which can be installed on Windows or Mac laptops.
- Go to the official site of WhatsApp (https://web.whatsapp.com)
- Click on the app WhatsApp Desktop.
- You will get the option to download WhatsApp Web for your laptop. You can select the required options to choose Windows or Mac laptop.
- Select the option to start downloading for the required application.
- Once the app is downloaded, install it using the QR code.
- Once the WhatsApp Desktop gets installed successfully, you start using it without a browser.
- Logging in on WhatsApp desktop and use it.
Points To Remember
The log-out options are provided in every device connected such as mobile and laptop.
- The log out option for WhatsApp Web or Desktop
- To log-out while you are working on WhatsApp Web or WhatsApp Desktop.
- Click on Menu and you will get the log-out option.
- Click on three dots in the top corner and choose the option log-out.
Downside Of Using WhatsApp Web On Laptop
- There are few limitations you have to know before you start using WhatsApp web.
- The WhatsApp to be used on the laptop needs to have a stronger internet connection. The strong and stable connection is required.
- whatsApp Web or Desktop are unable to make phone calls or receive any from your laptop.
- Laptop is synced with the mobile, so the mobile battery will get over quickly while you make use of WhatsApp Web or Desktop from your laptop.
- Even some mobiles get overheated, causing issues while using WhatsApp from the laptop.
- WhatsApp Web can be only available as long as the mobile is on and working. And your mobile should always be on.
- In order to work on WhatsApp Web, you have to make sure that your mobile is not running on low battery or it is not going to switch off.
- You have to remember that while working WhatsApp Web; it can be accessed by only one person at a time. You cannot open multiple WhatsApp devices under the same account.
- If you want to have multiple admins to manage your single account, then you make use of One Talk by Tap Talk.io which provides an omnichannel solution. The specially designed app helps in offering various useful options to expand your business using WhatsApp.
Hope this tutorial will help you in understanding the use of WhatsApp at different levels and also the advanced features that help you in extending your business effectively.
The customer care & service executives will definitely help you in overcoming the drawbacks and help you to use WhatsApp successfully for your business.